If there is one thing on this earth that Ben loves, it is sweet potatoes. That child could eat sweet potatoes morning, noon, and night and be a happy camper. However, sweet potatoes can be annoying to make because you have to peel, chop, steam, blah, blah, blah. Feeling like I needed to do a quick cooking job, I peeled some sweet potatoes and threw them in the microwave. Voila! A delightful puree for my baby with, as Grandma would say, a “sweet gum”.
Sweet Potato Puree, the Easy Way
Approximately 12 oz of puree
1 medium sweet potato
1 cup purified water
- Peel and slice sweet potato into pieces that are relatively the same size.
- Place into a microwave safe bowl with one cup of purified water.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir. Microwave on high for another 6 minutes.
- While the potatoes are still hot, transfer them into a blender while reserving the water. Add a little water and pulse a few times.
- Adding the water a little at a time to get the desired consistency, puree until smooth. It’s yummy for babies and grown-ups!