My fellow work-runners and I started a “tradition” of bringing in baked goods to counteract our runs. This is a recipe I used a couple of years ago for a Super Bowl party and subsequently forgot about it. Very sad that I forgot about it, because they’re pretty AMAZING, if I do say so myself. I re-found it in my recipe box and resurrected it. I had to guess on the amount of sugar (I foolishly had forgotten to write it down), but I guessed correctly. Voila!
Chewy Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 60 smallish cookies
1 cup butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter melted together
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flower
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add to wet ingredients making sure to thoroughly combine.
- Mix in all of the “chips”.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool for 1 minute on the pan and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.