If you have seen the movie Elf with Will Farrell, you know how excited Buddy gets about Christmas and winter activities. You can consider me Amber the Summertime Elf. I.Love.Summer. Poor Husband and Ben fell victim of my elf-dom this past weekend as I tried to fit a week’s worth of awesome into one weekend.
“I planned out our whole day.
First, we’ll make snow angels for two hours,
And then we’ll go ice skating and then we’ll eat a whole roll
Of tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can,
And then, to finish, we’ll snuggle.”
My Weekend Plans:
- Thursday after school: Eat French-inspired meal (grilled rock fish and ratatouille) al fresco
- Friday: Last day with the students! Let’s go get Cuban food!
- Saturday: Run 8 miles, participate in 5K walk for children with cancer, attend students’ conference track meet, eat barbecue
- Sunday: Ben and Mommy cook and party for friends’ birthdays!
- Monday: Dinner with friends to plan Beach Week 2012!
As you can see, there are many instances of eating and exercising–two of my favorite things. This up-coming weekend, Ben and I are heading back to the Motherland for a friend’s wedding and Memorial Day activities. It’s going to be epic. Some people are too cool to get excited–hipster about it. Not me. I ❤ summer!